WES PTO 5/1/18
Attendees: Jenna Dickinson, Sloane Torres, Lindsay Neathawk, Jaime Campbell, Matt Baya, Geraldine Shen, Joelle Brookner, Kelly Paul, Steve Miller.
- Camp Fair recap: Went well. Made $965 after expenses (similar to last year). At least 125 families / individuals picked up some items. None of the places we sent press releases to ran it (iBerkshires, Berkshire Eagle). For next year want to make sure start planning in advance.
- Parent Social: Spring picnic June 5th, 5:30 -7pm. Lemonade, water, popsicles provided. Families can visit the art show in the gymnasium, then join PTO for a picnic.
- Signage: just about set to order install; put $1200 in budget for it, but likely cost is much less.
- PTO positions open: Website, Facebook advertisement. Need co-president. Someone for art to remember (have people write down what they’ve done). Treasurer : Jaime Campbell. Camp Fair helper, snack purchaser. Someone coordinating room parents. Steve is willing to stay on as secretary but if someone else wants it…
- Teacher Appreciation Week: May 13-18. Samantha Livingstone coordinating; she will reach out for help in getting volunteers.
- Bike to School Day- June date TBD: Wednesday June 20: Steve will get some students. Same routes as last year (Sand Springs / Cozy Corner area, Spokes). Maybe add one at Cole Field.
- Walk for WES:
- Clothing Sale- May 19th: Coming up, need more people for volunteers. Friday May 18 or Sat May 19: need people.
- Budget: See below. Art to remember keeps profits. We get a check. They figure it out. We will owe them about $1000 and will get $2000. We sold $9000 worth of stuff and our profit is about $2000. We could probably have a few of us do this and net more…. Does someone have time?
- New Business: Issues with drop off culture…. Maybe separate email on drop off policy? Maybe we lose it for a day to show people we’re serious….
Current Balance $16,980.76
expected income (+) $8,122.55
commitments remaining (-) $15,158.23
projected year-end balance $9,945.08
Since the last meeting:
camp fair $301.62
pancake breakfast $1323.75
Art to Remember $3326.25 (we still owe money on this)
classroom support $504.41
clothing sale $85.00
camp fair $163.65
3rd grade trip $348.00