WES PTO Meeting
Tuesday, April 3rd
Meeting called to order at 8:41am
1. Parent Social: Bowling booked, thinking spring picnic, maybe pair with photos (see new business).
Will check in with Lindsey.
2. Signage: Concern about fire code issues, think resolved but may have changed things and may have
3. PTO positions to fill: Still looking someone to be co-president. Annoying amount of paperwork for
reimbursing people. Maybe have a box for the cash in the main office. Lot of families don’t know
about the snacks, might contribute if knew about it. Maybe talk about this next year at first meeting,
signup sheet for a month…. Talk to parents of kids with nut allergy to get the right food.
4. Student Author Night: Can K participate?
5. Camp Fair: 38 camps. Some who have normally participated who haven’t registered yet (Williams
Summer Science). Steve will email the science administrator to follow-up. Date is this Saturday, April
7 th .
6. Pancake Breakfast: Folks emailed about keys (how to get in, get out, lock up). Janitors set up day
before and around. We should double check with office to make sure all good.
7. Art to Remember: Talked about other options where can choose artwork, but don’t get as much to
the school. Send an email to all reminding as deadline is fast approaching. What percent goes back
to the school? If it is a significant amount worth mentioning in the email. We do every two years so
it doesn’t flood the market.
8. Website Organization: Matt happy to meet with people.
9. Teacher Appreciation Week (in May): Dinner, teacher massages. Might be a lunch. There are notes
from last year.
Current Balance $13,139
remaining expected income (+) $11,061
commitments remaining (-) $13,485
projected year-end balance $10,274
Since our last meeting:
total payments $333.69
classroom support $169.31
box tops $50.00
total deposits $778.58
11. New Business: Maybe add picture taking at watermelon social or some other event…. Photographer
is up to many things, easy moneymaker for the school. Open House is crazy but….. Want to do this
extra curricularly. Tanya will contact David (photographer) and Joelle.
Should we have a Dropbox / Google Drive where we store files…. We do have. Can send to people
before the event to help, and then ask to modify based on what they’ve learned afterwards.
Bike to school: Last year was June 21.