Williamstown Elementary School PTO
October 1, 2018
- Photo day recap:
- Walk to school: Need more volunteers (obtained), chance of rain is sadly high, might use email list to reach out to parents about it (though has been blasted a few times).
- WAW week: Coming up. Kathleen couldn’t be here (coordinator), only item to address is need volunteers.
- Book fair: Always need help cleaning up from sale (end of day on Friday), 430 – 6 (Fri Oct 19). Scholastic offering an e-wallet, set up account for kid, approve can spend up to a certain amount, have ability to look up people. Can one check and see how much is on so we can advise? Get word out by flyers sent to all kids.
- Clothing sale: Good shape this year in terms of set-up (Fri Oct 12, right after school till 6pm). There is a sign-up. Need more adult hangers.
- school snacks: New crazy since system changed (Kelly buys, Kelly brings). Need to be aware of the budget. PTO provides snacks for kids who forget their snack. Primarily kids who are not able to bring food from home. Budget is $20/week. Can order online get cases of bars, cheese sticks, …. Go through a case of cereal bars (48) in a typical week. Bananas cheap. Sign up sheet sends reminders. Kelly will continue to do for now. Ask around to find best price. List for people to get from BJ’s? For next year…..
- website: Could use updating. Have a volunteer to help. Good to send info out to people on the PTO so if we put on our Facebook pages others in community can see.
- open PTO positions: Co-president, website help (might have someone), camp fair co-coordinator, school council member (meet second Tuesdays every month from 4-5).
- new business: Geraldine: here also as a rep from Center for Learning in Action, get updates consistently. Job action ended, Williams students hired again. About 70-80 each semester in past, might be lower this year…. Open House: starts at 4pm for feeding teachers (Thurs Nov 1).
Budget: Current balance $9718, expected income remaining $17,150, commitments remaining $15,786,, and projected year-end balance is $11,082.