WES PTO Meeting May 6, 2019
Present: Joelle, Jenna, Cindy, Geraldine, Steve, Sherri, Jaime
- Staff appreciation: Samantha Livingstone organized, breakfast tomorrow, lunch wed, snacks Friday. Signup is available for staff to have massages on May 28.
- Clothing sale update: May 18, volunteers still needed for set-up and sale day.
- 6th Grade Musical: Will be recorded so parents don’t need to record. They can take pictures of kids, no flash.
- Family concert / BBQ plan (June 11 with art show): For years has been a hope to have a really big family event that includes a concert, grills, families coming together, can bring food but will provide hamburgers and hotdogs, potluck for rest, hear a great concert. Recently town manager sent an email, out of the blue, saying a college friend is a grammy award musician for kids music, really cool, workshops with kids, check it out. Joelle contacted, said sure would come. What if have concert / cookout on same day as the art show? Talked to Emily (art manager), made art show be on June 11, which is when Alistair Moock https://moockmusic.com/ can come. In the principal gift fund have some money, costs $1100 plus travel and his accompaniment. Does a lot of songs about inclusion and diversity. Talked to Jenna and Cindy. Made some phone calls, PTO contribute at least half the cost of the concert plus BBQ; would be wonderful if could give $500. Geraldine moves, Steve seconds. We (PTO) have almost $16,000 in the bank. Could come from the family social fund. Dream is to have it free. End of year celebration for the community. Not setting a precedent; this is a proof of concept. Motion passes unanimously.
Grills donated from youth center and Taconic. Cost from hamburgers, hot dogs, cheese, …. Talked to a bunch of vendors. Talked to Morleys, problem is don’t know the number of people. They will let us return whatever unopened boxes we have…. $650 for say 300??? Popcorn, …. End of the day thinking $805ish. Families provide drinks, we provide condiments. Morley’s takes $1/item plus another 5% at the end. Would be on the order of $1300 from WES PTO.
Will include advertising to encourage people to be on the PTO.
- Field day / Walk for WES: June 17. Sand Springs will give four big jugs and pumps. Town Water and Sewer is budgeting money for bottles, hope to start giving to K. Take a picture to say thank you…. No coordinator. Jenna taking point, Geraldine will help, Steve will help if needed.
- Recess equiptment: Second grade teacher has requested recess equiptment. Is this something for the PTO? She did ask for donations, a lot of that has happened. Ask for info: how much, who owns, what is it, …? Geraldine motions, Steve seconds, for Jaime to deal with it if under $50.
Wil cost about $350 to fix the spiderweb, not first time, sadly cannot go to rope….
- Office snacks – Fall ’19: Kelly is purchasing in bulk. She’ll be gone in the fall, we need someone to take this on. Could the PTO pay into the cafeteria to order fruit…? Should speak to Tammy. Worth sending a reminder to parents that have snacks….
- New Leadership: Not good to see the same faces again and again.
4/30/2019 ending balance is $15,857.29.
Classroom Support: ($12.63)
Bank for 3rd Grade Breakfast: ($80.00)
Camp registration fee revenue: $403.55