WES PTO Meeting 12/3/2018
Present: Joelle, Jenna, Sloane, Geraldine, Steve, Jamie, Ann, Sherry, Tania, Lindsey, Christina
- 2nd grade owl visit- $$ requested: All set for funding visit for 2nd grade.
Report from Jamie:
Current Balance: $14,175.52
|Clothing Sale (Connors Bro’s)||(85.00)|
|Box Tops Movie||(85.00)|
- parent members to School Council: Up to four expressed interest, only one has submitted a statement, some seemed willing to run if there was a need but happy that someone else is willing. Talked about making sure all have the ability to vote (open house is great, but doesn’t work this year). Have an email address for everyone.
- Strategic planning process: Mix of people available to meet at fixed times to give input plus a comprehensive survey. Vision is to broadly meet people and get feedback. Will take around 10 minutes. Survey has been vetted.
- directory status/order approval: Previous years Eleanor at PrintShop solicited ads for us, so no cost to school. Now a PTO cost this year. Switched to a new database system, still entering new data. Didn’t have open house where ask people to check and update. 550 full color 11×17 $2025. If copied and stapled black and white a bit more b/c more paper…. Frustrating to wait months for directory. Ask people to submit / confirm information by end of September. What about a searchable pdf instead of printing it out? Maybe print 50 copies for families who need it / really want it…. Phrasing: To avoid the delay caused by printing, we are going electronic this year. Not making or losing money for Eleanor.
- Williams update: fewer students working in building, but got all programs up and running, about 60 Williams students (other years more like 80). Recess buddies program was great. 17 Adventures in Learning program.